Thursday, February 13, 2014

48th Week December 30, 2013

Feliz Navidad!


Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all!!!!
Sister Diaz and I tried making cards to send out to everyone but our Walmart machines have been out of commission so it didn't happen :( Sorry! But thank you to all who sent us packages and letters!!! We are gonna get thank you notes written today :)
Literally this Christmas was amazing and crazy! I was blown away by all the wonderful things that ended up in our apartment and they are all being very well enjoyed :)  We have a big box clear full of candy and stuff that we will be taking to the zone new years eve party! We are ordered to be at the stake center tomorrow at 6pm so that we aren't out and about on New years eve! not exactly a safe holiday I guess ;) ah well! the fun we have as missionaries!!

Sooo I don't have too much to write about because I got to Skype home and talk to my lovely family :) It was super cool meeting my sister in law for the first time and getting to see my ADORABLE nephew show off his train underwear :) I love him! Even my companion admitted that I have the cutest nephew :)
But I do have something I want to share with you all.

Yesterday in church my companion got to speak! It was her first time giving an English talk in a big ward and she was terrified. (she's adorable like that. 27 and sometimes scared of her shadow but shes wonderful!) Her topic was sacrifice and what she had to sacrifice to go on a mission. as I listened to her speak... I realized how much the Lord truly has given us and how much we don't realize it. I remember when I was younger my parents taking something away from me for my acting out and always saying "a phone is a privilege not a right!" or "the car is a privilege not a right!"  Being on a mission truly is a privilege the Lord has given me and i'm so grateful! I love being a missionary and sharing the gospel. even when we don't have investigators and its street contacting all day... its still fun. I've literally met the strangest yet coolest people this year as I've been on a mission! In the MTC, in Laredo, in Mcallen and here in Corpus!
I bet the Lord laughs sometimes when we realize just how different everyone is from us! How does He create so many people so differently?! He's amazing!
Ha I realized I've gone into rambling so I better finish this up!
Basically what I have to say is this, the Lord lives! He loves us! We are here to remind everyone else of that fact! Whether they accept or not... that's their problem when we get to face the Lord! But as for me, I know He's there and this is His great work we are all a part of!
Thank you again to everyone for the Christmas wishes! I wish you a great new year! Set some goals that involve the Lord this year and I know He will richly bless you!

Love you all!
Hermana Nielson en la Isla

No comments:

Post a Comment