Thursday, May 28, 2015

79th Week, July 28, 2014

lo se!

Its a bitter sweet feeling knowing that my mission has come to its end! As with all things in life, there is always a beginning, and there has to be an end! But this doesn't mean an end to me being a missionary. Just to full time mission work :)
I am so truly grateful for these 18 months I have had to focus completely on others and help others to grow spiritual. The miracles I have seen in my life, my family's and the people I have worked with while I have been here have truly confirmed my testimony of the Lord's love for us.
I know that my Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ lives. I know that He loves me and that He knows me and each and every one of us. He is merciful and wants us to return back to our Heavenly Father so we can live forever in happiness.
I know that the Book of Mormon is a true record of God's dealings with His children :) I love the Book of Mormon and have found so much peace and comfort as I've read it and applied its teaching to my life. I know that as well the Bible is the word of God and can bring us that same peace.
I know that Joseph Smith was called by God to be the prophet of the restoration. I'm grateful for the sacrifices of the early saints to restore the true church of God. I'm grateful for their examples of faith and trust in the plans God has for each of us.
I know that God loves me. That's something I"ve learned for sure in my mission and life. God's love is ALWAYS there for us. When we feel alone, He is carrying us and we need only pray to feel the strength He is offering.
I testify that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is God's only true church on the earth today.
I want each of you to know that I have a testimony of all of these things and I know that it is through the Gospel and our families that we can find eternal happiness. The family is key to God's plan and I know that's why Satan is trying sooo hard to destroy it.
God wants us to be happy.
I know that through the atonement of Christ we can be healed. We can be forgiven of every wrong doing and return to live with God some day. I know that is God's plan for each and every person.
I know that missionary work is so important for full time missionaries, and for everyone else as well! We are all missionaries and pioneers of our day bringing the world His truth by being examples and fighting until the end to keep our values in God strong! I love my Savior and I'm so grateful for all the trials I've had in my life that have made me who I am today and I'm excited to keep on learning and coming closer to my Savior when I get home :)
This isn't the end of my mission really, its just another transfer, with new responsibilities and assignments. That's what every step in life is :) Just another transfer with a new companion! Only this time, I'm going to choose my companion ;)
Thank you to everyone for all your support and prayers through-out my mission! They have truly made a difference and helped me in more ways than I can explain! I love you all and will see you soon!
Keep the fire burning of missionary work in your hearts always!  :) Love you!

Hermana Courtenae Irene Nielson

No comments:

Post a Comment