Monday, March 11, 2013

5th Week March 4, 2913

We got our travel plans on Thursday last week! We are officially going to Texas! it finally hit me how real this adventure is becoming. I will be the farthest away from family that I have ever been and I can't wait! I'm so ready to leave here and get to know the people in Texas that I already love so much! We haven't even officially met and I already love them all! So here's my day by day adventures! The rest of preparation day last week was fairly unexciting as far as I remember.. we started teaching a "new investigator:" which was fun but not so exciting because its just our teacher. Tuesday we had the most amazing devotional EVER!!!!! We got in super early, you have to be at least an hour early for these things to get a seat in the main room. Then as we sat they didn't show on the screen who was speaking... which was weird. so everyone was getting super stoked it might be an apostle. Well low and behold! In walks M Russell Ballard walks in the room as we are singing the premusic and everyone person in the room stood. It was amazing!!! He gave a wonderful talk and left us with a very sweet blessing. I would tell you more about it but I forgot my notebook... so expect a letter in the mail explaining more! It was wonderful to be in the presence of an apostle in this setting though! Everyone was so much more reverant and attentive. I loved it! Then wednesday came around! I don't remember if I mentioned, but hermana kreis and I were chosen to be the "how the begin teaching" demostrators for the new missionaries! basically on your first day you get to "teach" three investigators in a big group setting and we were the missionaries to start it all off! completely with door knocking and introducing ourselves. it was a little scary at first because we were infront of a big group. but we focused so hard on the investigator everything else just seemed to disappear. Our second one though was intense! he told us he went to a catholic school and to pray they had to sing first. so he wanted us to sing! Well! Guess what?! We sang! We sang I am a Child of God for him! then we ran into a sister yesterday who was in the group and she told us how amazing she thought we were(: Happy day! Thursday we got our travel plans as previously mentioned!!! We have to be completely ready and leaving the MTC at 5 in the morning! yikes! on monday. then our flight leaves salt lake at 8:15 to Dallas/Fortworth airport. we arrive in mcallen after that at 2:20pm! The best part is that we had 10 in our travel group. the 6 of us from our districted headed there, 3 elders in another district that we met(Doni's friends son is in that district! I met him last sunday by the way!) Then one sister who is in the intermediate spanish. Fun fun! Friday seems like it wasn't very exciting because I can't remember anything that happened... wooops... we taught a lesson I know.. and talked a lot about how we are teaching people NOT lessons. That is such an important fact... we are changing peoples lives by helping them convert to the gospel. Not just teaching lessons and getting baptisms. I love this gospel so much!!! Saturday... I really don't remember either... awkward! Sorry! Sunday!!!!! Fast sundays in the MTC are a blast! We ate dinner at 6 on saturday then didn't eat again until 4 on sunday. wowie. Its actually not hard at all though because you just feel so full of the spirit your not hungry! We had lots of a study time and I only have the book of moroni left til i finish the book of mormon! Yay it will be my third time finishing it and I can't wait. I loved reading Mormon this time! so many powerful things! i think the scripture reference is mormon 8:22... something close to that! it pretty much says the will of the lord will not stop until he has fulfilled all of his promises! I love that so much!! Testimony meeting was also wonderful! I shared my testimony completely in spanish! Go me! I wrote it down too so maybe I'll send a copy in the mail! I just love spanish so much. Its getting a lot easier to speak spanglish. Basically I say everything I can in spanish and mix in english for those words I don't know. I cant wait to be fluently and talk about the gospel with the people in texas! One last bit of news... I'm in a trio now! There is a sister who was headed to argentina but due to medical reasons is now going to texas with us! So we are a trio. Fun adventure right? I'm really excited because we are now the blond, brunette, and red head. Except I'm the brunette because my hair is the darkest!(: I have ran into Elder Palmer, Elder Stubbs, and a few various wonderfuly missionaries from Tooele these week! The work is pushing forward my friends! Love you all! The church is true! -Hermana Nielson

No comments:

Post a Comment